Intake and advice
The start of your treatment
Beat your addiction at Castle Craig. Your treatment starts in the Netherlands at our locations in Amsterdam, The Hague, Roermond, Rotterdam and Zeist. There we offer personalized outpatient care.
You start with a telephone screening followed by an intake. Then we record your treatment process together in your personal treatment plan. This process may include day treatment, group therapy and individual therapy.
In some situations you need more intensive care, away from your own environment. In that case, we will refer you for admission to our clinics in Scotland or Ireland.
After your registration
Step 1: a telephone registration conversation
After your registration you will be approached for a telephone conversation by one of our employees. Together we look at your current situation and discuss possible treatment options.
During this meeting we will ask you for a referral letter from your doctor and proof of identity. If you don't have it yet, you can still request it. We can then make an appointment for an intake interview.
Step 2: an intake interview
During the telephone registration interview, we make an appointment for an intake. Subsequently, a consultation takes place with a directing practitioner (psychiatrist, clinical psychologist, psychotherapist, GZ psychologist) who carries out a diagnostic examination and discusses the advice for treatment with you.
In both group treatment and day treatment, parts can be offered online by means of video calls. The treatment is composed by a multidisciplinary team and consists of a combination of psychotherapeutic, psycho-educational and medical treatment. The 12 steps of recovery are an important starting point.
Step 3: A personal treatment plan
At the start of the treatment, a personal treatment plan is drawn up with you. This plan focuses on:
- Broad care: therapy that not only focuses on addiction, but also on the underlying causes in order to reduce the risk of a relapse.
- Long-term recovery: intensive treatments usually provide lasting results.
- Learning new habits: you learn to deal better with difficult situations in private and work environments.
- Attention to your health: As a result of the abuse of alcohol and drugs you may have physical complaints or discomfort.
- A person-oriented approach: you can build a relationship of trust with your therapist and other patients. This has been proven to significantly speed up the recovery process.
Step 4: Start your treatment
We have good agreements with almost all health insurers. This means that in most cases treatment is reimbursed by your insurance.
Since every person is different and has their own story, tailor-made care is our standard. Do you want to take back control of your life and get rid of your addiction?